The ABA also offers players the opportunity to join a travel team and develop an even broader set of techniques while engaging in meaningful competition. Teams are managed by professional ABA instructors who are committed to training and creating well-rounded athletes.
Teams practice twice a week out of Eastmonte Park and compete in monthly tournaments in the Central Florida area. The ABA travel team program is structured for 9U to 15U divisions and focuses on teaching players the skills needed for success at the high school level.
In addition, the program emphasizes the importance of fundamentals and how to play the game with a positive mindset and tremendous effort on a daily basis. Players offered roster spots must commit to a full season and pay the appropriate team fees, which vary by division.
Spring Tryout Dates
January 11 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Check In: 9 a.m.
Initial Rostered Registration Fee: $450
(Includes coaching from ABA professional instructors and full uniform).
- Joe Abramowitz - Played at Flagler College, coached at Olympia High School as the JV Head Coach and Varsity Assistant.
- Barry Gunther - Played at University of Mississippi, drafted by the Giants where he played four seasons in their minor league system.
- Ken Kelly - Has an extensive baseball resume spanning five decades. Played college baseball at Dartmouth. Set multiple offensive records during his college baseball coaching career at Georgetown and College of Lake County.
- Darryl Knight - Played at Embry Riddle University and Seminole State College, drafted by the Mets where he played three seasons in their minor league system.
- Chris Roberts - All American at Florida State University, 1992 Olympic team member, pitched eight season in the Mets organization and was the pitching coach at Stetson University for six seasons.
- Jordan Thomas - Played three years at Bethune-Cookman University where he was on the All-MEAC Academic team each year. Played his final year of college baseball at Webber International University.
Players must bring their own position-specific equipment and wear molded rubber or turf cleats. Metal and spiked cleats are not permitted. All players are required to sign a waiver prior to trying out.