The Records Section is the point of contact for the Police Department. Public Records Requests can be made in person, by phone or by mail.
Record Types & Availability
- Arrest Reports
- Adult (all)
- Juveniles (felonies only)
- Offense / Incident Reports
- Closed investigations only (excludes active criminal investigative/intelligence information)
- Traffic Accidents - Confidential for the first 60 days from date of completion, except for those individuals involved. Please allow three to five business days from date of incident for report processing.
- Traffic Homicide - Confidential for the first 60 days from date of completion, except for those individuals involved. Please call for estimated date of completion.
- Special Records Requests (projects requiring more than one hour of labor and research)
- Copies - $0.15 per page / $0.20 double sided page
- DVD - $1.15 per disk
- Special Requests - Fees vary depending on the amount of information requested and time required to complete the request
Other Services Available
- Local Background Checks - $0.15 per page, identification required
- Repair Verification - $4
- VIN Verification - $10
- Notary Services - $5 per stamp for Altamonte Springs residents and non-residents
- Fingerprinting Services - Available at the Altamonte Mall Substation (COPS)