Winter and spring camps are offered during Seminole County Public School’s break weeks and are designed to provide each participant with an experience filled with fun and learning. For participants ages 8 to 14.Campers will participate in various activities at the Westmonte Recreation Center. This program is limited to Altamonte Springs residents.
Health & Safety
- Staff will undergo symptom checking daily including temperature checks. Those exhibiting symptoms of illness or measure a temperature of 100.4 or more will be sent home.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on participants daily. Those measuring a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be able to participate in camp.
- Campers who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- If a camper is feeling ill or shows symptoms related to COVID-19, they will be isolated from the group until a parent can take them home.
- Staff will wear face coverings (masks) and carry hand sanitizer at all times.
- For the safety of the campers, parents are prohibited from entering dedicated indoor camp areas.
- No more than two campers may use the restroom at the same time.
- Staff will encourage and maintain safe social distance between staff, participants and parents.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer and covering of coughs or sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Physical closeness and the length of time campers are close to one another will be taken into consideration for all activities.
- The City has enhanced its cleaning and disinfecting schedule and procedures.