Altamonte Fastpitch Academy has introduced the AFA Travel Team program. The AFA Travel Team program is geared towards developing and preparing young players to compete at a higher level of play. Teams are based at Merrill Park and practice weekly while competing in monthly tournaments in the Central Florida area. The program is open to players in 8U through 16U divisions.
2022 Spring Travel Team Tryouts
AFA Travel Team tryouts will take place over the course of three days. Check-in for each day will start an hour before the tryout session begins. More information about the season schedule for each team will be provided at the tryout.
- Pitchers & Catchers
Friday, December 10 | Check-In at 5 p.m. | Tryout Begins at 6 p.m.
- All Other Positions
Saturday, December 11 or Sunday, December 12 | Check-In at 9 a.m.
Tryout Begins at 10 a.m.
Note: Players trying out for travel only need to attend one of the three tryouts dates. Pre-registration is required for tryouts. A $25 fee is accessed for tryouts and applied towards the registration fee for players who are offered a roster spot.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteer Coaches
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.