Classes are offered in 10-week sessions, and for your maximum benefit, they follow a flexible schedule. All classes are 40 minutes in length and limited to 20 participants. Patrons receive at least 3 visits per week with their membership.
Class registration is available online and opens at 8 a.m. each Monday the week before a new session starts. (In cases when Monday is a City holiday, registration begins on Tuesday.) Members must register for each session as classes are not carried over from one session to the next. You must be a current member to register for classes.
This class is designed to help individuals with arthritis and decreased mobility. It provides individuals with an opportunity to increase their endurance and strengthen their cardiovascular system. The AEA/Arthritis Foundation® approved exercises focus on improving balance, coordination and range of motion.
- Water Aerobics
This class emphasizes exercises for coordination, balance and flexibility. This fast-paced class focuses on increasing stamina, muscle tone and improving range of motion. The class consists of a complete warm-up, an aerobic and core strengthening routine and a proper cool down.
|Session||Dates||No Class Holidays||Registration Dates|
|1||January 3 - March 11||January 17||December 6|
|2||March 14 - May 20||N/A||March 7|
|3||May 23 - July 29||May 30 & July 4||May 15|
|4||August 1 - October 7||September 5||July 25|
|5||October 10 - December 16||November 24 & 25||October 3|
8 - 8:40 a.m.
|Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Open Swim|
9 - 9:40 a.m.
|Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||(2 Hours)|
10 - 10:50 a.m.
|Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim|
11 - 11:40 a.m.
|Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||(2 Hours)|
12 - 12:40 p.m.
|Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Open Swim|
1 - 1:50 p.m.
|Open Swim||Open Swim||(2 Hours)|
|2 - 2:40 p.m.||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Arthritis Plus||Open Swim|
|3 - 3:40 p.m.||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||Water Aerobics||(2 Hours)|
|4 - 4:50 p.m.||Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim||Open Swim||Closed|
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
- Staff who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff will practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
- Pool patrons who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Pool patrons are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants.
- Pool patrons are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release patron names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.